This is a great meal to make in bulk.
You'll have plenty spare to take some to work the following day for lunch and you might still have some left for tea 😄
Who said food preparation needs to be complicated?
This one is
- Very tasty
- Doesn’t take long to prepare
- Contains plenty of protein to help fill us up
- Good amount of carbohydrates
- Low in fat
- A good serving of veg.
Can’t ask for much more than that!
Sweet and Simple!
1lb to 1.5lb lean beef mince
4-5 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped.
3 peeled carrots
1 large chopped red onion
6-8 Tomatoes or Can of tinned tomatoes
2-3 handfuls peas
1 beef stock cube
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1 tea spoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
Dried parsley for topping
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Add red onion and carrots to frying pan sprayed with 1 cal spray until browned.
2) Add mince and remaining ingredients except the sweet potatoes, parsley and stock until mince is cooked.
3) Add stock to boiling water, (I like to add a drop of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to the mix,) stir, then simmer for around 20 minutes.
4) Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Meanwhile boil the sweet potatoes for around 10-15 minutes, then mash.
5) Add beef mixture to oven dish, add potato mix to top, add parsley and bake for around 30-35 minutes until golden.